Ah..Salmon! I love this fish. I am currently experimenting with this fish. Here goes one outcome.
Now straight to the recipe:
- Ingredients :
- Salmon fillet – 2 pieces ( skinless, washed and dried with a kitchen towel )
- Potato – 2
- Onion – 1 small ( chopped into small pieces )
- Red/Yellow/Orange bell pepper ( chopped ) – 1/2 of each
- Spring onion ( chopped into ringlets ) – 1/2 bunch
- Green chilies ( chopped into ringlets ) – 2
- Cherry tomatoes – 10
- Lettuce leaves – 2 whole
- coriander leaves ( chopped ) – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp ( if unavailable, use smooth garlic paste )
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – 2 tbsp
- oil – to grease baking tray
- How to cook :
- Wash the potatoes very well, pat them dry thoroughly with kitchen towel and leave the skin on. With a knife make a deep cut into them. Rub the potatoes well with salt, black pepper powder and little bit butter
- Rub the Salmon fillets with lemon juice. Then mix salt, black pepper powder, garlic powder and sprinkle the fish fillets with this mixture all over, rub well and leave for 10-15 minutes
- Rub the cherry tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, spring onion and chilies with salt and mix together
- Preheat oven to 190 C/ 374 F
- Grease a baking tray with little bit of oil. Arrange Salmon fillets and potatoes in the tray separately. Put the tray inside oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes or so. While baking change sides of the fillets very carefully. Check occasionally whether the fish is cooked or not. Remove the fish fillets from the baking tray once you know they are fully cooked.
The potatoes may take 10-15 minutes more to be cooked. You can also start baking the potatoes before you start with the Salmon fillets, so that you get everything hot. Try to insert a skewer into the potato and check if it is soft inside or not.
Please remember cooking the fish fillets too much can make them very dry and hard and cooking them too less..well you know..they will taste raw!
- In the mean time in a separate small baking tray throw in the salted cherry tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, spring onion and coriander leaves and bake for 15-20 minutes or more. Be careful and do not burn them!
- Now take a plate and put the washed and dried big lettuce leaf on the plate. brush the leaf with little butter. Place the Salmon fillet on it. Put the pipping hot potato on the leaf. Take 1 tsp of grated Parmesan cheese and push through the cut of the potato, the cheese will melt by the hot potato! Arrange the rest of the baked vegetables as shown in the picture or you can always invent your own presentation